Search This Blog

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Saturday

Today was just one of those days. Sarah is almost finished the big move and I am getting one kid and two grandkids back. It will be fun, especially Anthony the little stinker.
The female Pekin duck sounded her first real quack and we were laughing so hard. They are all growing so fast. Definitely don't like to hear dogs bark here at 2:25 in the morning. Not a good thing. I thought I saw a bear cub at dusk last night around the corner from my house. It took off to fast to actually be sure. Well back to the ducks, they are getting so big. My small teen chickens are turning out to be beautiful americaunas and the peanut ones are growing wonderfully. The turkeys absolutely need a pen. I have them running loose in my greenhouse and all they do is chase your feet so I will be wearing my hiking boots tomorrow when I deal with them! The eggs are doing great! I candled a bunch tonight and you can now see the pronounced blood vessels and see them moving in the shell. I only have a few days left so I hope I continue to do the correct procedures. I can't wait to start seeing them hatch. July 2nd is the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment